There are times when you really want pie, but you really don’t want to go to the trouble of making pie crust. The cutting in of the cubed butter, the systematic spooning of the ice water, flour all over the counters as you work the dough out with a rolling pin… Some days it seems meditative and other days it just seems like a hassle.
Well, this no-fuss crust is never a hassle. There’s no rolling, no cutting in, and it bakes up beautifully.
Yes, you heard that right. No rolling!
1/2 cup oil of your choice
3 tablespoons cold water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add oil and water and mix until combined. Form into a ball.
- Press ball of dough into the bottom of prepared pie dish, spreading it out towards the sides. Using your knuckles or the bottom of a glass, push it evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Crimp top edges or flatten with fork tines, fill with favorite filling, and bake according to your pie’s instructions.