- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and diced small (red or orange)
- 2 cups light mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish)
Cook the macaroni according to directions, drain well.
While pasta is cooking mix up all the dressing ingredients till well blended and set aside.
Chop up all the veggies.
When macaroni has cooled and drained well mix in the dressing (add all of it if you like very creamy salad.if you don’t like a lot of dressing leave out about 1/2-3/4 c of the dressing. Remember that as it sets it will soak up some of the dressing.
Refrigerate for at least one hour, the longer you let it set the better the flavor.