Pineapple Orange Cake is an easy, light dessert recipe that’s nearly guilted free! You’ll love the refreshing, moist orange cake topped with creamy pineapple-flavored frosting!
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup applesauce
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 12 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9 with baking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix with oranges, egg whites, and applesauce for two minutes. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- For the frosting, combine the crushed pineapple with pudding mix until completely mixed. Fold in the Cool Whip. Spread over cooled cake. Refrigerate for at least an hour. ENJOY.